Update after Tuesday, Sept. 6 class

I’ve typed up and posted the discussion leaders for the semester at: http://infoage.umwblogs.org/info-age-discussion-leaders/

Remember that each set of discussion leaders will need to meet with me, preferably in the next 2 weeks, to set the readings for your week of discussion.  [The first set will announce the reading for next Tuesday soon after class on Thursday. ]

For this Thursday, Sept. 8, you need to have completed the following:

• Read all of Gregory Downey’s Technology and Communication in American History, and the introduction to Brian Winston’s Media, Technology, and Society.  [As you read, be thinking about potential projects, topics to explore, events to add to our timeline.]  Be prepared to discuss these readings.
  • Post at least 1 item/event/invention/etc. from your group’s list to infoagetimeline.umwblogs.org as Martha showed you how to do today.  Include date, brief description, proper category, and the source.  If you’re feeling adventurous, include a relevant image or even video.
  • Be prepared to talk about & hopefully finalize our plans for assignments for the semester.

On Thursday, I will be prepared:

• To lead discussion of the readings
  • To discuss the timeline, guidelines for entering that data, and our goals for the timeline going forward
  • To finalize the assignments for the semester
  • To discuss my expectations in terms of your individual blogging for the rest of the semester.

Thanks to DTLT for all their help today and to all of you for another productive day.  We’re getting closer to nailing down our plan for the semester.