In addition to Version 2.0 of the syllabus, today’s class discussed what are the parts of all timeline events. Here are modified notes from Nicole for what we decided:
- What must be included in an event/point on timeline:
- If an invention, a brief definition or description, and significance.
- At a minimum, 1-2 sentence description of what the item is. If there’s a picture you can easily include, then do so.
- Contextualize: “this is an early version of (x other invention)”
- Need more reliable websites
- Need actual citations. [Images also need to be cited.]
- Put your source citations on the bottom, and italicize them.
- What should be able to be included in an event/point on timeline:
- Image or video, if relevant.
- Down the road: link to other relevant website
- [Someone’s potential final project: go through and link up to related events.]
By Tuesday, groups should start fleshing out information/events.
We also decided that we would ask our friends in DTLT if there a way to prevent the display of the hour/minute on the timeline entries, given that we don’t know that information for almost any event.