Class for TH, 9/1
Split into groups of 4 at all 4 monitors. At least one person with a laptop should be at each monitor.
1) Define the Information Age (20 minutes to work – then presentations – linked to course blog)
- Timespan, content
- Cite sources
- Present each group – be creative
2) Class structure questions [20 minutes to discuss – then post to comments on website]
- Good distribution of various sections? Or would you change the number of weeks given to particular eras in information technology?
- What topics are you particularly interested in studying?
i. Pick 2-4 in each time period from syllabus
- What assignments that add to/enrich timeline do you want to do?
i. List 2-4, along with general description, and potential grade value.
ii. What would constitute a good project? [Criteria for grading, etc.]
- Do you want formal or informal presentations?
3) FOR TUESDAY — Begin Timeline
- Each group will have a different era to start listing events, trends, people, inventions, developments. Create in Google Docs or as MS Word Document
- Print (& predecessors) — Team Search with My iPad
- Early Networked Communication — Team Facebook Official
- Broadcasting — CCCJ
- Information in the Digital Age — Team Woz
- Looking Forward